Chua Soi Lek Labelled As Crazy By His Own MCA Branch In Penang: -Urban Voters In Sarawak Voted For PR And DAP not On Race But Because They Wanted Good Governance, An End To Widespread Corruption And Taib Mahmud’s Misrule.
Urban voters in Sarawak voted for PR and DAP not on race but because they wanted good governance, an end to widespread corruption and Sarawak Chief Minister Tan Sri Taib Mahmud’s misrule. DAP would not have won the four seats of Kidurong, Meradong, Batu Kawah and Dudong without strong Iban support as these seats have either slightly more than 50% of Chinese voters or even slightly more than 50% of Iban voters.
Numbers do not lie. It is a statistical fact DAP would not have won 12 seats by relying solely on Chinese support. The demographic make up of voters require substantial if not a majority of Iban voter support to win 12 seats. That is why the desperate attempt by BN to racialise the Sarawak general election results, is an act of denial by BN who has refused to accept and account for their losses.
PR and DAP admit that whilst urban voters swund their support to PR and DAP, however rural voters regardless of race whether Chinese or non-Chinese generally stayed with BN, albeit with reduced majorities.
PR through our performance in the PR ruled states in Penang and Selangor have shown we can deliver both good governance and end corruption. Ibans voters in the urban areas responded to these issues because of PR good performance in government. For instance for the first time in history, Penang recorded a string of No. 1′s:-
1. Top in investments in Malaysia attracting RM12.2 billion investments or 26% of the overall investments in Malaysia. Penang’s FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) contribution is even higher at 36% of Malaysia’s FDI despite having only 6% of the nation’s population.
2. Praised by the National Auditor-General for being the state with the best financial management in 2008 to 2009.
3. Top in Malaysia in reducing the crime index for 2010 by 27%.
4. Pioneer and leading state in green initiatives moving towards becoming the first green state in Malaysia.
5. Only state in Malaysia to be praised by Transparency International for fighting corruption through the state government’s open tenders and CAT governance based on Competency, Accountability and Transparency.
6. Top in medical tourism with 60% revenue in Malaysia.
7. The first state to wipe out hard-core poverty by ensuring that every family’s income is at least RM 500 a month and giving out RM 100 annually to senior citizens above 60 years old.
8. The highest increase of air travelers (30%) amongst all Malaysian airports in 2010.
9. Lowest unemployment rate and is actively sourcing for skilled workers.
10.Upholds basic human rights through enacting the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and setting up Speaker’s Square at the Esplanade, the first in Malaysia which gives not just freedom of speech but also freedom after speech.
11. Foremost in protecting, preserving and promoting heritage conservation in Malaysia through the UNESCO World Heritage City of George Town.
12. Ranked as the most livable city in Malaysia.
MCA President Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek has tried to bring this racialisation of Malaysian politics a step further by asking SUPP to withdraw from the state cabinet in protest at the loss of Chinese support. This is comical in that Chua did not practice what he preach when he did not instruct MCA Ministers to withdraw from Cabinet or the sole MCA assemblyman in Perak and Negeri Sembilan to withdraw from the respective State EXCOs.
Instead Chua had tried to blame his predecessor Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat for refusing to withdraw MCA from Cabinet. Even a MCA branch in Penang, Taman Sri Nibong headed by MCA Bayan Baru Deputy Divison Chair condemned Chua’s idea as crazy – see below：
MCA President has gone crazy
MCA President CSL has gone crazy,
In the first instant what right he has to interfere with the functioning of SUPP. SUPP is not MCA although it may have a large membership of Chinese, It was definitely wrong for CSL to advise the President of SUPP George Chan not to accept the cabinet post should he be offered by the back door. George Chan has lost in the recent State Election.
To make matters worse, when he responded to the Lim Guan Eng of the DAP for not acted the same what he had advocated by not asking single MCA YB in the State to leave the State cabinet. He conveniently absorbed himself that he was not the MCA President then when the decision for those single YB to accept State cabinet post.
Such a reply was rather ridiculous. At that time he was the MCA Deputy President, and why did he not expound this preposition?
I am sure he did not have this idea yet.
What I see, CSL is getting himself entangled in this defeatist attitude which will definitely make the Chinese the loser if the situation in the coming general election causes him to walk the talk which he proudly declared he would do so.
Mind you his Deputy, LTL category said, SUPP is the barometer of the MCA. Now that the result of the SUPP has shown us, I am sure MCA is prepared to take the rap.
Remember at one time in the history of the country MCA had withdrawn from the cabinet and the Chinese had no representative at all. What happened then, I need not elaborate.
CSL please wake up.
Posted by MCA
Taman Sri Nibong at 1:14:00 AM