The 38 DAP MPs To Focus On Inequality In The First Parliamentary Debates On The Royal Address.(en/bm/cn)

Press Statement By DAP Secretary General And MP For Bagan Lim Guan Eng on 26 June 2013 in Kuala Lumpur.

The 38 DAP MPs To Focus On Inequality In The First Parliamentary Debates On The Royal Address.

The 38 DAP MPs shall focus on the issue of inequality affecting Malaysians and the powers between the Federal government and the states in the first parliamentary debates on the Royal Address beginning this week. The six issues of inequality involve:-
1. the democratic disparity of not having clean electoral process and complying with the principle of “one-person, one-vote, one-value” principle causing unfair election results where the party winning the popular votes lost the elections(PR winning a majority 51% of the popular vote yet only winning 40% of the seats)
2. the economic disparity between rich and poor highlighted by the failure to wipe out poverty and the highest poverty rate in Malaysia in what should be the richest state of Sabah;
3. the fiscal disparity between revenue and spending caused by the refusal of the Federal government to implement open competitive tenders to address corruption, waste and inefficiency resulting in a possible introduction of the Goods and Services Tax(GST);
4. the disparity of distribution of powers of the Federal government and the state government requiring greater decentralisation of powers where the Federal budget takes up 92.1% with the total state budgets contributing the remaining 7.9%.
5. the bargaining power disparity between the Federal government and Sabah and Sarawak, where they do not enjoy equal bargaining power as promised, by being allocated only 5% of oil royalty and the failure of Sabah BN to fulfill their promise to follow PR in increasing oil royalties to 20%;
6. the rights disparity where voters are being punished by abuses of power from politicians who take revenge for their electoral losses as done by the Melaka state government in closing down the Jonker Walk night market.

DAP Parliamentary Leader and MP for Gelang Patah Lim Kit Siang shall lead off the debates today followed Kluang MP Liew Chin Tong. DAP MPs will be the voice of all Malaysians who want to send a strong message in Parliament that “the power of the people is greater than those people in power”.

LIM GUAN ENG

—–BM Version —-

Kenyataan Media oleh Setiausaha Agung DAP merangkap Ahli Parlimen Bagan, Lim Guan Eng pada 26 Jun 2013 di Kuala Lumpur.

38 orang Ahli Parlimen DAP akan menumpukan kepada soal ketidaksamarataan dalam sesi perbahasan Titah DiRaja.

38 orang Ahli Parlimen DAP akan menumpukan kepada soal ketidaksamarataan yang memberi kesan kepada semua rakyat Malaysia serta soal kuasa Kerajaan Pusat dan Negeri dalam sesi perbahasan Titah DiRaja bermula minggu ini. Enam isu berkisar ketidaksamarataan termasuklah:

1. Jurang demokrasi apabila tidak wujud proses pilihanraya yang bersih dan tidak mematuhi prinsip ‘satu orang, satu undi, satu nilai’ yang menyebabkan keputusan pilihanraya yang tidak adil di mana parti yang memenangi undi popular kalah pilihanraya (Pakatan Rakyat menang majoriti 51% undi popular tetapi hanya mendapat 40% kerusi);

2. Jurang ekonomi di antara yang kata dan miskin yang diperlihatkan oleh kegagalan membasmikan kemiskinan serta kadar kemiskinan yang tertinggi di Malaysia dalam negeri paling kaya iaitu Sabah;

3. Jurang fiskal di antara pendapatan dan perbelanjaan yang disebabkan oleh keengganan Kerajaan Persekutuan untuk melaksanakan tender terbuka yang kompetitif bagi menangani rasuah, pembaziran dan ketidakcekapan yang mengakibatkan kemungkinan cukai barangan dan perkhidmatan (GST) diperkenalkan;

4. Jurang pengagihan kuasa antara Kerajaan Pusat dan Kerajaan Negeri yang memerlukan lebih desentralisasi kuasa di mana belanjawan Kerajaan Pusat menjangkau 92.1% manakala belanjawan negeri hanya 7.9%.
he disparity of distribution of powers of the Federal government and the state government requiring greater decentralisation of powers where the Federal budget takes up 94% with the total state budgets contributing the remaining 6%.

5. Jurang kuasa ‘tawar-menawar’ antara Kerajaan Pusat dengan Sabah dan Sarawak, di mana mereka tidak menikmati kuasa saksama seperti yang dijanjikan, dengan hanya diperuntukkan 5% royalti minyak serta kegagalan BN Sabah untuk menepati janji mereka untuk menurut Pakatan Rakyat menaikkan royalti minyak sehingga 20%;

6. Jurang hak apabila pengundi dihukum melalui salahguna kuasa daripada ahli politik yang mahu membalas dendam atas kekalahan mereka seperti yang dilakukan Kerajaan Negeri Melaka yang bertindak menutup pasar malam Jonker Walk.

Ketua Parlimen DAP merangkap Ahli Parlimen Gelang Patah, Lim Kit Siang akan mengetuai perbahasan hari ini diikuti Ahli Parlimen Kluang, Liew Chin Tong. Ahli Parlimen DAP akan menjadi suara seluruh rakyat Malaysia yang mahu memberikan mesej jelas ke Parlimen bahawa ‘kuasa rakyat adalah jauh lebih kuat berbanding mereka yang berkuasa’.
LIM GUAN ENG

—–Mandarin Version —-

民主行动党秘书长兼峇眼区会国议员林冠英于2013年6月26日在吉隆坡发表声明:

行动党38个国会议员在针对最高元首国会讲词进行辩论时,将把焦点放在不平等。

行动党38个国会议员在针对最高元首国会讲词进行辩论时,将把焦点放在不平等课题及联邦和州政府的权限问题。六个不平等课题包括:
1. 民主不平等性:由于选举过程不干净、也不遵守“一人、一票、一价”原则所导致不公平的选举成绩,那就是获得多数票的民联输了选举,民联获得51%的多数票,但是只赢得40%的议席。
2. 贫富悬殊:尤其是最富有的沙巴,贫穷率却是全马最高,证明政府除贫失败。
3. 财政不平等性:由于联邦政府不愿意推行公开竞标招标以解决贪污、浪费及低效率,导致税收及开销不平等,最终需征收消费税(GST)。
4. 联邦政府及州政府的分权不平等:我们需要更多的分权地方化,目前联邦政府的预算战友92.1%,而剩下的7.9%为州政府的预算。
5. 联邦政府、沙巴及砂拉越的谈判筹码不平等:沙、砂两州并不享有所承诺的谈判筹码,他们只获得5%的石油税,而沙巴国阵也违背诺言,没有跟随民联增加石油税至20%。
6. 权利不平等:选民被滥权的政治人物惩罚,他们因输了选举而报复,正如马六甲州政府关闭马六甲鸡场街夜市那样。

行动党国会领袖兼振林山区国会议员林吉祥将会在今天率领辩论,接着将是居銮区国会议员刘镇东。行动党国会议员将代表全体马来西亚人向国会传达人民的心声,那就是“人民的力量,比掌权者的权力更有力。”

林冠英

0 Responses to “The 38 DAP MPs To Focus On Inequality In The First Parliamentary Debates On The Royal Address.(en/bm/cn)”


  • No Comments

Leave a Reply

You must login to post a comment.